ROCKWOOL (MINERAL WOOL) 6MX1MX50MM IN KENYA
Rockwool (mineral wool) has continued to be the most used insulation material in Kenya due to its versatile applications in sound and thermal insulation. We have been the leading supplier of rockwool (mineral wool) insulation products in Kenya and East Africa for both industrial and domestic applications. Contact us today to make your enquiries for the best prices in the region. Tel: +254 722 401 175 or email@example.com
Made from molten stone wool, rock wool (mineral wool), offers superior qualities in sound absorption, fire resistance and thermal insulation. Most of the rockwool products in Kenya have service temperature between 750oC and 1000oC. The following are the main features of rockwool (mineral wool):
- Thermal Performance: Rockwool products have very low thermal conductivity which makes the product an item of choice in thermal insulation. The thermal resistivity (R-value) of rockwool lies between R-2.8 to R-3.5.
- Acoustic Properties: Rockwool is a high-density material that absorbs sound waves. Depending on the density and thickness of the material the noise reduction level (NRC) of rockwool ranges from 0.7 to 0.9 making it an excellent product for soundproofing.
- Fire-resistance: Since rockwool is made of stone wool and other recycled products rockwool (mineral) has Euro-Class A fire rating. It is non-combustible thus used for fireproofing buildings.
- Durability and Sustainability: Once installed rockwool can stay for lots of years since it does not suffer from mold attacks.
Features of Rockwool (Mineral Wool)
- Made from natural, sustainable material
- Typically contains up to 75 percent recycled content
- Retains heat well and traps air, which slows the transfer of heat
- Non-combustible and fire resistant to about 1,400 degrees
- Highly water repellent
- Excellent sound-deadening properties
- Higher insulating value than fiberglass blankets
- Long-term performance—rock wool doesn’t degrade over time
- Allows moisture to escape (which deters mold and mildew)
- Dense, firm batts are friction-fit into place; no stapling necessary