Types of Pipe Lagging Insulation in Kenya
The following are the main type of pipe insulation or that are commonly used in Kenya from domestic hot water systems, refrigeration to boiler steam insulation.
- Polyethylene Pipe Insulation
Polyethylene foam pipe insulation is a closed cell insulation material used mainly in frost protection and thermal insulation. The following are the main features of Polyethylene foam pipe insulation.
- It’s resistant to grease, oils and ozone.
- Has operating temperatures between -400C and +950
- Does not absorb water making durable
- Resistant against mildew, bacteria and moulds
- Chemically inert.
2.Rockwool Pipe Lagging
Rockwool is mineral wool made from naturally occurring resource and recycled industrial content. Rockwool pipe lagging are pre-formed according to various pipe sizes and offer excellent insulating capability. The following are features of Rockwool pipe lagging materials.
- High temperature insulation (over 10000C), thus suitable for steam pipes
- Breathable – allows moisture to travel through the wall dissipating dampness.
- Fire retardant
- Good structural strength.
3.Armaflex Pipe Insulation
Armaflex Pipe Insulation is a closed cell, fiber-free elastomeric thermal insulation. The recommended temperature usage range for AP Armaflex Pipe Insulation is -297°F to +220°F (-183°C to +105°C) Insulation that maintains its flexibility at very low temperatures.
The following are features of Armaflex pipe insulation:
- Reduces the risk of crack development and propagation
- Reduces the risk of corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Protects against mechanical impact and shock
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low glass transition temperature
- Easy installation even for complex shapes
- Less wastage compared to rigid / pre-fabricated pieces
4.Styrocore Pipe Insulation (Expanded Polystyrene)
is made from a polymer permeated with a foaming agent which, when exposed to steam, creates a uniform closed cell structure, highly resistant to heat flow and moisture penetration. EPS is 98% air and only 2% EPS, which means it acts as a fantastic thermal insulator because of its high air content. The following are features of EPS:
- Low thermal conductivity
- low permeability to water vapor
- low water absorption
- high dimensional stability
- good mechanical strength
- fire retardant
- does not support bacteria, mold, fungus infection or pest life (Ideal for food processing)
Here at Insulation World Kenya Limited, we have all your required needs. We are the leading wholesale suppliers of these Pipe Lagging materials in the Kenyan market and across the borders. Call us today on 0722 401 175 to place your order.