Styrofoam Sheets in Kenya,Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania +254 722 401 175
Insulation World Company Limited is the largest distributor of Styrofoam Sheets in Nairobi Kenya. Our styrofoam sheets come in standard different sizes and thickness ranging from 1/2″ to 4″ inches.
Place your order today through our official mails in our contacts or call us at +254 722 401 175.
Styrofoam is one of the most widely used types of plastic today, also known by its generic term “extruded polystyrene foam”.
Styrofoam is a type of polystyrene, it is produced from polystyrene beads, which when expanded and molded under controlled conditions form a light weight block.
How Styrofoam Insulates
Styrofoam is made mostly of air, meaning it is a poor conductor of heat, but an excellent convector. It traps the air in small pockets, blocking the flow of heat energy. This reduces both conduction and convection and makes Styrofoam a good insulator. On the other hand, conductors such as metal are poor insulators because energy flows through them. Glass and air are other examples of good insulators. Styrofoam is placed in wall cavities to keep the inside of buildings warm. It traps air and reduces the transfer of heat energy, keeping heat inside the building.
WHY USE STYROFOAM
- It has excellent compressive strength characteristics
- It insulates against heat losses
- It has self-supporting properties
- Resistance to attack by fungi ,bacteria and pests
- High resistance to moisture absorption and water vapor transmission
- It is light weight allowing for economy of structural design
- It offers resistance to impact sound
- Ease to cutting and handling
- Nonirritant and non-allergic
APPLICATIONS OF STYROFOAM
- Insulations for ceilings, roofs walls and floors.
- Insulation of prefabricating panels and building elements
- Voids as reusable or in-situ formwork for concrete structures
- Styrofoam serves as a lightweight aggregate for concrete and insulating renderings and also in the production of lightweight clay bricks
- Styrofoam can also be used in the area of refrigeration exclusively for cold stores and extensively for deep freeze rooms.
- it is also used in pipe insulation and ducting.