Insulation World Kenya Limited is the leading Stainless Steel Grade 205/201A supplier in the Kenyan market and across the borders.
G205/ 201A has extremely high strength, it also provides some advantages over G304 in certain structural applications. Presence of copper in this steel reduces work hardening rate and improves draw ability. Nitrogen improves resistance to printing corrosion. The alloy is nonmagnetic in annealed condition like G304. Thus G205 can display a wide range of mechanical strength depending on the degree of cold working, which is essential for certain structural applications.
|Chemical Composition % 205|
|Carbon (C)||0.12 Max|
|Silicon (Si)||0.75 Max|
|Manganese (Mn)||10.0 Max|
|Chromium (Cr)||14.00 – 16.00|
|Nickel (Ni)||0.9 – 1.7|
|Phosphorous (P)||0.075 Max|
|Sulfur (S)||0.030 Max|
|Copper (Cu)||2.2 Max|
|Nitrogen (N)||0.20 Max|
|Uts (Mpa)||650 min|
|Ys (Mpa)||325 min|
|% Elongation||40 min|
|Hadrness (Hrb)||100 Max|
- AISI 205 is used in making utensils such as shallow or medium drawn utensils, tableware, cutlery,
- Stands for water filters and In-house water tanks.
- Consumer durables such as steel furniture, fruit stands, flower vases, decorative pipes and tubes,
- Gas stoves and gift items can be made from AISI 205.
- Architecture building and construction companies use AISI 205 to make in-house panels, hands rails, Structural support framework, door knobs, hinges and dust bins.
- AISI 205 can also be used to transport items via conveyors.
This Grade is not recommended for use for external purposes in coastal/ salty environment. It is also not recommended for handling/storage of acid and other highly corrosive industrial chemicals
Call us today on 0722 401 175 to place your order.