Expanded Polystyrene in Nairobi, Kenya
Most people know EPS as Styrofoam. Styrofoam is a brand name for Expanded Polystyrene.
Styrofoam is created from polystyrene beads. Polystyrene beads are a petroleum-based plastic. The polystyrene beads are processed using chemicals that are steamed, causing them to expand, and creating the substance Expanded Polystyrene.
We see EPS used every day as packing materials, coffee cups, to-go containers, and more.
EPS panels new technology building and partitioning boards are made from formed Expanded Polystyrene blocks (Styrofoam as people call it) cut to desired dimensions and covered on either side with electro-welded high tensile steel wire mesh joined by steel wire connectors through the panel core to form a three dimensional hyper static composite of steel mesh and EPS core.
Our EPS panels have a minimum density of 15kg/m3 with double connectors and transverse steel mesh area of 101mm2/m; making them one of the most rigid and structurally sound panels in the Kenyan market.
EPS Panels (Expanded polystyrene) is a new technology building and partitioning panels in Kenya both for residential and commercial construction. The system results in reduced concrete and steel reinforcement quantities thereby saving costs. EPS is light-weight, resulting in lower labor costs, form work and construction time and, therefore, overall construction cost reduction.
Expanded Polystyrene Board is a lightweight, rigid, closed cell insulation. EPS is available in several compressive strengths to withstand load and back-fill forces. This closed-cell structure provides minimal water absorption and low vapor permanence.
We supply EPS Panels Expanded Polystyrene boards in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda. This EPS panel is reinforced with galvanized wire on both sides
- Standard panel size of 1.2m x 3m
- Thickness of 60mm, 80mm, and 100mm
- EPS Wall Panels also available
- EPS density >15kg/m3
- EPS Panel weight is approximately 15kg
- Load bearing walls (internal or external) when shotcreted
- Non-load bearing partition walls (internal) when plastered
Advantages of EPS Panels
Some of the advantages of using EPS technology in building residential and commercial houses includes;
- High load bearing capacity at low weight
- Effective and durable thermal insulation
- Absolute water and vapor barrier
- Air-tightness for controlled environments
- Long life, low maintenance
- Lightweight, fast and economic construction
- Most cost effective insulation material available
Insulation World Kenya Limited is the leading supplier of EPS. Give us a call today through 0722 401 175 to place your order.