Zirconia bricks are a type of refractory brick made of zirconia, a ceramic material with very high refractory properties. They are used in high temperature applications such as furnaces, kilns, and other industrial processes. Zirconia bricks are known for their superior strength, refractoriness and corrosion resistance compared to other Alumina Refractory Bricks.
They are mainly used in areas :
- With very high temperatures,
- Pressure and
- Mechanical shock where the normal high alumina refractory bricks cannot withstand.
Our Zircon brick ZS 65 made from stable zircon sand is a kind of great refractory brick with the zircon content over 65%. It is acid refractory with the advantages of high mechanical strength, high refractoriness under load, excellent thermal shock stability, good creep resistance and good corrosion resistance to glass liquid. It is widely used in the high erosive zones of glass furnace, chemical industry, and metallurgy industry.
Specifications of Zirconia Refractory Bricks
- High mechanical strength
- Excellent thermal shock stability
- Good corrosion resistance to glass liquid
- High Refractoriness under Load
- Strong erosion resistance
- Acid Resistant refractory
- Great creep resistance
- High Bulk Density
Applications of Zirconia Refractory Bricks
- Glass melting furnace
- Ladle lining in the metallurgical industry.
- Harsh condition parts of the Kiln
- Soda-lime glass kiln as neutral brick
- Melting pools of Glass furnaces
- Non-ferrous metal smelting furnace
- Pure steel furnace
- Regenerative chambers of Glass furnaces
- Solution erosion area in chemical industry furnaces
- Metallurgy kilns
- Electrothermal Furnaces
Industrial Applications of Zirconia Refractory Bricks
- Steel making: Zirconia refractory bricks are used as lining materials in steel-making furnaces such as blast furnaces, converters, and ladles.
- Non-ferrous metal smelting: Zirconia refractory bricks are used as lining materials in non-ferrous metal smelting furnaces such as aluminum, copper, and magnesium furnaces,
and electric arc furnaces.
- Glass making: Zirconia refractory bricks are used in glass furnaces as lining materials and insulation materials, such as tank walls, crowns, and hearth bottoms.
- Cement industry: Zirconia refractory bricks are used in the cement industry as lining materials in kilns and preheaters.
- Power plants: Zirconia refractory bricks are used as lining materials in boilers and other power plants.
- Chemical industry: Zirconia refractory bricks are used as lining materials in chemical furnaces, such as incinerators and rotary kilns
Insulation World Kenya is the leading supplier of Kiln refractory bricks in the Kenyan market and across the borders. Call us today on +254 722 401 175 or email us on email@example.com