Sodium Gluconate In Nairobi, Kenya – +254 722 401 175
Insulation World Kenya Limited is the leading distributer of sodium Gluconate in Nairobi, Kenya.
Sodium gluconate is a sodium salt of gluconic acid, which is a natural compound that is found in fruits, honey, and wine. It is a white crystalline powder that is soluble in water and has a slightly sweet taste. Sodium gluconate is commonly used as a chelating agent, a food additive, and a water quality stabilizer. It is also used in the construction industry as a concrete admixture to improve the workability and strength of concrete. Additionally, sodium gluconate is used in personal care products, such as shampoos and skin creams, as a pH adjuster and a water softener.
Sodium gluconate is a versatile compound with many uses in various industries. Some of the common or major uses of sodium gluconate include:
Chelating agent: Sodium gluconate is used as a chelating agent in various industries, such as the food industry, pharmaceuticals, and detergents. It can bind with metal ions, such as calcium and magnesium, to prevent them from interfering with product quality or stability.
Concrete admixture: Sodium gluconate is used as a concrete admixture in the construction industry to improve the workability and strength of concrete. It acts as a water reducer, increases the setting time, and improves the properties of fresh and hardened concrete.
Water quality stabilizer: Sodium gluconate is used as a water quality stabilizer in the textile industry, where it helps to prevent discoloration and to remove impurities from water.
Food additive: Sodium gluconate is used as a food additive in the food industry as a sequestrant, acidulant, and flavor enhancer. It is also used to prevent the formation of crystals in processed foods and beverages.
Personal care products: Sodium gluconate is used in personal care products, such as shampoos and skin creams, as a pH adjuster and a water softener. It also helps to improve the stability and texture of these products.
Medical applications: Sodium gluconate is used in some medical applications, such as in intravenous solutions and as a treatment for lead poisoning. It is also used as a contrast agent in medical imaging.
Overall, sodium gluconate is a widely used compound with many applications in different industries due to its chelating, stabilizing, and water-reducing properties.
While sodium gluconate is generally safe to use, it is important to observe certain precautions to ensure safe handling and usage. Here are some precautions to keep in mind when using sodium gluconate:
- Personal protective equipment: When handling sodium gluconate, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves, goggles, and a lab coat, to avoid skin and eye contact.
- Avoid inhalation: Avoid breathing in the dust or mist of sodium gluconate, as it can cause respiratory irritation. Use appropriate ventilation or respiratory protection when handling the compound.
- Storage: Store sodium gluconate in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, moisture, and incompatible materials. Keep the container tightly closed and label it properly.
- Handling: When handling sodium gluconate, do not eat, drink, or smoke. Wash hands thoroughly after handling the compound.
- Compatibility: Sodium gluconate is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and strong acids. Avoid mixing it with these substances.
- Disposal: Dispose of sodium gluconate according to local regulations. Do not dispose of it in the environment or in household trash.
It is important to follow the recommended precautions when using sodium gluconate to ensure safe handling and usage. If you experience any adverse effects, seek medical attention immediately.