Knauf Fire Resistant Gypsum Board 12.5mm
Knauf Fire Resistant Gypsum Boards (FR) are gypsum plasterboard specially designed to offer superior fire resistance performance when used in drywall partitions, shaft walls, ceilings and lining systems.
- Size: 8ft*4ft*12.5mm
- Suitable for direct decoration
- Call Us For Your Order 0722401175
Knauf Fire Resistant Gypsum Boards (FR) are gypsum wallboards specially designed to offer superior fire resistance performance when used in drywall partitions, shaft walls, ceilings and lining systems
Knauf Fire Resistant Gypsum Boards (FR) are high performance gypsum boards used as the
cladding component of drywall constructions such as:
- Fire rated partitions using metal frames
- Fire rated suspended ceilings using metal frames
- Fire rated furring and wall linings
- Fire rated shaft walls
- Easy, fast and dry application
- Good sound insulation performance
- High fire protection performance
- Contains glass fiber additives to maintain the integrity of board for longer time periods than standard boards when exposed to fire
- A material that breathes and balances room climate and humidity levels
- Environmentally friendly
- Limitless design options
Dry wall systems can provide fire protection up to 180 min. by using the right boards and right thicknesses.
Spaces with high fire protection requirements, Fire Resistant Gypsum Board (FR), Fireboard or Aqua panel boards should be used.
It is possible to provide high fire protection, Fireboard (A1 fire class) can be used.
Fire Safety Building Rules
- Load bearing building elements should be protected during the min. declared time with their functions.
- The spread of flame and smoke should be limited.
- The spread of flame to close buildings should be limited.
- People who live inside should left the building or can be saved in a different way.
- Building should be designed to protect rescue squad as well.
Fire Safety Regulations for Buildings
The purpose of this regulation is to ensure the loss of property deflation before and during the fire in public and private institutions, buildings and constructions.
Fire Resistance Period
Protection of a structural component’s integrity and insulation properties are defined as “fire resistance”.
Building elements are categorized as the time period of protection of their properties.
The basis characterize of a building element’s fire resistance performance is listed below:
R: load bearing capacity
After the R, REI, RE, EI, E letters, fire endurance periods are shown as 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240 or 360 minutes.
Example: 155 min. of load bearing capacity, 80 min. of integrity and 42 min. insulation is shown as R 120 / RE 60 / REI 30.
Fire Protection with Dry Wall Systems
Gypsum building materials are inorganic and non-combustible.
Gypsum is included into classical fire protection building materials.
Compared to other building materials, gypsum has 20% crystalized water which means there are three liters crystalized water per 1 m2 15mm thick gypsum board. The water in gypsum vaporizes during fire which delay the fire with the vapor barrier.
Special Products for Higher Demands
Type DF gypsum boards have fiber glass reinforcement in order to provide fire protection.
Fireboard is paper free (on both sides), fiber glass fleece coated gypsum board which provides up to 3 hours fire protection.