Heat (Thermal) Insulation Materials in Kenya,Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania
What is Heat Insulation?
Heat Insulation is the process adopted to prevent heat transfer between outside and inside of the building also known as thermal insulation. Nowadays thermal insulation has become an essential part of building construction due to its various advantages.
Heat Insulation prevents the transfer of heat and so reduces the energy required to raise temperatures and protects adjacent materials from heat damage. Since the dangers of using asbestos were identified, several alternatives have been developed for insulation in high temperature situations.
The following are some of the features that are critical in Insulating Products:
- Surface Emissivity- The emissivity of the surface of a material is its effectiveness in emitting energy as thermal radiation.
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Thermal Bridging – the movement of heat across an object that is more conductive than the materials around it. The conductive material creates a path of least resistance for heat.
- Thickness of Insulation
- Heat Capacity
Common Heat (Thermal) Insulation Materials in Nairobi Kenya:
Insulation World Kenya Limited holds in stock a wide variety of heat insulation materials as below:
- Ceramic Fiber Insulation
- Rockwool (Mineral Wool) Insulation
- Fiber Glasswool Insulation
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam Insulation
- Armaflex Insulation
- Styrofoam Insulation
Advantages of Heat Insulation
The rooms or buildings that are thermally insulated remain warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Hence, thermally insulated building provides great comfort both in summer and winter. A building provided with thermal-insulation requires less power to maintain the desired temperature conditions in the building. This saves energy and extra costs.
- No need of AC, cooler, heater etc.
- Thermal-insulation prevents the roof deck from cracking.
- Expansion joints are not required in a structure during construction.
- The materials that are used in thermal-insulation are lightweight than concrete which reduces the dead weight on the roof slab.
- Thermal insulating materials are manufactured from recycled materials.
- It is easy to install.
- It is fire resistance.
- Maintenance is not required.
- It is environment-friendly.